Venue & Guidelines
The Better Dads Festival takes place on the Roger McGuire Green in Pack Square Park, located in downtown Asheville, North Carolina.
The venue is ADA accessible. Please contact the organizers if you have any special needs.
Best Dads Festival is family friendly. There will be plenty of activities for kids! There is so much fun stuff, they may pee their pants.
Beer will be sold at the festival. A valid ID is required to purchase beer. Obtain a bracelet and purchase drink tickets at the mail festival booth. No outside alcohol is allowed. Please do not drink beer near the Veterans Memorial.
We love dogs. But the City of Asheville prohibits dogs in the park. (Assistance dogs allowed.)
Better Dads Festival is a smoke-free event.
First aid is available at the main festival booth. For anything more serious, contact a security person, police or call 911.
Parking & Transportation
We encourage all attendees to carpool or use public transportation. If you drive, we recommend using one of the City of Asheville parking facilities. They are safe, reliable and cheaper than parking on the street. The first hour is free and each additional hour is $1. In addition, parking decks are served Monday through Saturday from 10am to 7pm and accept cash, coins, Visa or MasterCard.
- Civic Center Garage – enter from the street or Haywood Rankin Avenue
- Rankin Avenue Garage – enter from Rankin Avenue and Walnut Street
- Wall Street Garage – Go To Otis Street near Patton Avenue
- Biltmore Avenue Garage – enter from Biltmore Avenue or Lexington Avenue
- Buncombe County Parking – $1 per hour, enter via College Street near the courthouse. There are also several garages and private parking lots located throughout the city.
You’ll find limited on-street parking around town. Metered parking is for two hours or less (as marked) and is $1.25 per hour. Meters accept coins or you can download the Passport Parking App to pay by phone. Metered parking is enforced Monday through Saturday from 8am to 6pm. Parking is free after 6pm and all day Sunday as well as on city holidays. Some areas of the downtown now feature a pay-by-phone option. Look for signs with instructions.
The City of Asheville Rapid Transit (ART) provides bus service throughout the city including downtown. The transit center is located at 49 Coxe Avenue in the center of downtown. For maps and schedules visit the city transit website: Maps & Schedules.
Cab & Uber & Lyft
We also encourage participants to use taxi services:
- Checker Cab: 828-232-4476
- Yellow Cab: 828-253-3311
- Blue Bird Cab: 828-258-8331
- AVL bicycle taxi: 828-777-5115
- Uber & Lyft (download apps)