On Wednesday evening, May 26, 2021, the Netherlands Gambling Authority (Ksa) assisted in a raid by a regional intervention group in Limburg. The Municipality of Venlo, the police and the Ksa simultaneously raided 3 illegal casinos. The raid was carried out on 2 office premises, a cafe and a house above it.
The cooperation partners are satisfied with the achieved result. Mayor Scholten van Venlo:
“It is important for Venlo to fight against illegal gambling. By doing this, we protect our young people, prevent criminals from laundering money and stop hotbeds of possible drug trafficking. Moreover, this criminal activity causes a lot of unrest and inconvenience in the area. We will continue to take measures against this.”
- 3 illegal casinos
- 22 people were found in the raids
- Cash was seized in the amount of more than 12,000 euros
- Ksa confiscated 19 illegal slot machines, including illegal toto/lotto machines. All cabinets are removed immediately
- 1 Rolex watch was confiscated.
- 2 arrests for money laundering
One of the slots showed a turnover of 100,000 euros per month, the remaining 18 are still under investigation.
Source: official website of the Gambling Commission of the Netherlands