Encore Boston Harbor and its parent company Wynn Resorts will present their development plans to the Massachusetts Gambling Commission next week.
“Following the postponement of the January briefing to the Massachusetts Gambling Commission (MGC), Wynn Resorts is now ready to present its scaled-down land development plan near Boston’s Encore Harbor in Everett.”
According to Focus Gaming News, last month Joe Delaney, the head of the Gambling Commission’s public relations department, was ready to inform the commission members about the plan, which was to include an entertainment center with 1,800 seats, a restaurant with an area of about 20,000 square feet and a restaurant. garage for 2200 seats.
However, Wynn decided to suspend the permitting process in order to “do some reassessment” of whether the proposed development is the best use of the site.
Delaney said this week that Jacqui Cram, senior vice president and general counsel of Encore Boston Harbor, told him the casino company was now “ready to go.”
He said Cram indicated that Wynn had reduced the planned size of the entertainment venue to less than 1,000 seats.
The presentation will take place on February 10 . The field will also have a commission staff report and a question and answer period for commission members. Later in February, public hearings will allow community members to submit oral evidence about the development. The commission’s decision is expected in March.
Source: Focus Gaming News